Artist Statement

Friday, May 14, 2010

Rest Stop View

Rest Stop View Oil on Gallery Wrapped Canvas, 12" x 16" x 1.5" Available at $125.00, includes shipping. Detail of Palette Knife work below. This one isn't quite finished, but my hand got tired, weilding the knife, and it's basically done except for the sides, top and botton, which will also have to be knife work. (no frame needed) The left side is a lot harder for me, since the knife has to cross my body in my right hand, and curve backwards, so the strokes are a bit different there. But it does give it more variation and texture. I've priced this one a little higher since it's taking soooo long, all those little tiny strokes. Nel http://nelseverydaypainting.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm loving your new palette knife paintings...they're so vibrant!

Timaree said...

It's spectacular!

Babs Haake said...

"Rest, Stop, View" is very beautiful. I love the colors you chose and the way you lit your painting. I just wanted to make sure I let you know. Just another artist admiring your work. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails