Artist Statement

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Snow Coming - SOLD

Snow Coming
Oil on Canvas Panel, 12" x 9"
SOLD
Since I started with DPW, I have veered every day more towards asking "What do I think might sell?"
I had some good luck with a couple of auctions, and have gotten tensed up, trying for another "winner" Not a good way to paint. A couple of folks sent suggestions, and I appreciate that. I am going to try to:
  • only paint what I want to paint, regardless of whether it might sell
  • not repeat myself unless someone asks
  • slow down (a suggestion from a collector)
  • branch out and experiment (another suggestion)
  • work smaller, and do more watercolors (another suggestion)
Thanks to those of you who sent ideas for me to get re-inspired.
This is a loose and sketchy impression looking out my window, with snow predicted tonight.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails