Artist Statement

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Muddling Through - SOLD

I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with my paintings lately.
Something's missing...drama? ...bad edges?... I'm not progressing? ...Something.
Can you tell I'm not inspired, but still trying? If you have any suggestions, please send them.

Anyway, I'm muddling through, and trying to figure out what it is I need to do. Back to basics?
Meanwhile, looking at painters I admire, and today studied a new favorite, Marc Hanson.
I did two while under his influence, one looking at his work, and trying to see what I loved about it, and one not looking, but just remembering the doing of the first. These won't go up on DPW, and I'm pricing them as copies, since they are, more more than less. Just the cost of materials.

The Light Beyond -One
Oil on Stretched Canvas, 11" x 14"
SOLD.

The Light Beyond - Two
Oil on Stretched Canvas, 11" x 14"
SOLD.
Thanks for looking, guys!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails