Artist Statement

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Two Plein Air Paintings - SOLD

The Cut Through to Peppertree Oil on Canvas Panel, 11" x 14" SOLD at $65.00 plus shipping.
School Yard 2
Oil on Canvas Panel, 8" x 10"
Revised, SOLD.
The complex has contracted for new windows and screens in all the apartments, and today was our turn, for men who banged with hammers, drilled with drills, and carried things in and out. (The new windows and slider are lovely.) I fled to the field out back, and got 2 plein air paintings done. The first one, same thing as the other day, of the huge old trees up and across the hill, and then I followed the shade and faced the other way. I really took my time (waiting for the guys to be done) with it, and I am really pleased with the way the Cut Through turned out. You can just see our building through the trees.
Nel

2 comments:

Lori Twiggs said...

These are beautifully done. Nice compositions and application. I too am a plein air painter and can fully appreciate your accomplishments here! I'd also like to note that your images are equally well done. May I ask how you accomplish this?

Nel Jansen said...

Hi Lori:

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I would be glad to answer your question, but I really don't feel qualified to give much advice about plein air painting, it's such a struggle. But also a joy, of course. Most professionals advise looking for values first, then masses, and building up to detail. Keeping it simple, squinting, and looking for the larger shapes.Hope that helps!

Related Posts with Thumbnails