Artist Statement

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

White Hydrageas One - SOLD

White Hydrangeas One Oil on Stretched Canvas, 12" x 12" SOLD at $65.00 plus shipping. I have an interesting request in the works for a white hydrangea. The trick with white is always what other colors to use to make enough contrast for the white to "read" as white. Contrast works, but you don't want too much. Here I tried to use a soft greyish green, some very light lavender, and touches of pink to make the shapes of the blooms. I used a palette knife for the leaves, a nice little change for me. I do plan to do another one, or maybe a couple more. http://nelseverydaypainting.blogspot.com/ NelVanL@aol.com

1 comment:

Flora Giddens said...

This is just LOVELY!!Love the soft colors! Flora

Related Posts with Thumbnails