Artist Statement

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pears with Blue Bowl - SOLD

Pears with Blue Bowl Oil on Stretched Canvas, 9" x 12" SOLD at $60.00 plus shipping. Using the same blue bowl as yesterday, and the tea towel from a kitchen drawer, I had fun with this one. I actually only have four pears, so I had to paint one and then move it to the other side. On this one I tried a combination of blending and not blending. The cloth is actually pretty painterly, more the direction I want to go, and the pears and bowl are my usual style. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Fun, isn't it? http://nelseverydaypainting.blogspot.com/ NelVanL@aol.com

2 comments:

Flora Giddens said...

Nel,love the colors in this one!!I never would have thought to paint a pear and then move it!!Pears look good enough to eat!Flora

Roxanne Steed said...

This is so beautiful!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails