Artist Statement

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wild Blooming - SOLD

Wild Blooming Oil on Canvas Panel, 12" x 12" SOLD at $65.00 plus shipping. I have always loved the photo I took of this wild spot in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Gone now, razed to the ground, but it must have been so beautiful in it's heyday. There was a lovely old Victorian house there too, which I painted as "Tattered Lady" but I'm sure that's gone as well. Anyway, I really am happy with the way this one turned out, the colors and shapes came together so well. Love it when a painting works!

1 comment:

Paintdancer said...

Nel,
YOur paintings are always beautiful, but this one is absolutely breathtaking! Some lucky person got it way too cheap!

My question to you is how do you get your edgework so soft and blended? It's a magical effect! Is it blending with turps?

Wonderful painting, don't know how you could part with it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails