Artist Statement

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Blowing In - SOLD

Blowing In Palette Knife Painting Oil on Canvas Panel, 12" x 12" SOLD at $50.00 plus shipping. Detail Below.I think I must be in an "experimental" phase, since I'm a little restless doing the same things I've done before. Maybe I need new material to paint from. At any rate, while we were in the middle of a nice fierce thunderstorm yesterday, I mixed up all the leftover greens, blues, purples on my palette into neat greys and muted colors, then did this with a palette knife, in a polishing sort of style. Using just the tip of the knife to push the paint into the little canvas divets. I worked from memories of places similar to this, and based it on what was happening outdoors. I really like the colors and flavor of it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails