Artist Statement

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Bearded Sienna/Wine Iris - SOLD

Bearded Sienna/Wine Iris Watercolor on 140 lb Strathmore CP Paper, 14" x 22" SOLD at $125.00, includes shipping. My friend Jo, from the Barre Post Office, has taken an interest in my work over the past year, noticing paintings as I post them and then processing their shipping out of the PO. She knew how much I adored irises, and had some beauties in her yard, carefully pampered, which she kindly allowed me to raid. So I took some photos for next winter, and cut a few to take home. These gorgeous blooms are so, so much more beautiful than the painting, but I made an attempt to show some of the glorious color. Thanks, Jo! And thank you all for looking. Detail below, click to see larger:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails