Artist Statement

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Double Painting Landscape - SOLD

Backlit Tree Version 2 (with leaning tree) - SOLD Backlit Tree Version 3 (with straight tree) - SOLD Oil on Linen Board, 10" x 12" each Available at $45.00 each plus shipping As an experiment of sorts, I wanted to see what would happen doing two paintings at one time. I used the same size canvas, and exactly the same resource photo as yesterday's painting (there was interest in the image), and the same palette. I kept them at the same pace, sky here, sky there, alternating them on my easel every 15 or 20 minutes. It was fun to see how each emerged a bit differently, depending on brushwork and colors chosen, and the difference in the drawing. I did feel a little distracted though, as I was also taking photos to do a process entry on the other blog. The mini tutorial is on my sketchblog, Nel's Art Marks (link on the sidebar). Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails