Artist Statement

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

The End of the Daffodils - SOLD

Daffs, April 22
Watercolor and Gouache on 300 lb Arches Paper, 11.25" x 15.25"
SOLD at $40 plus $10 shipping.


This one involves a splashy under-painting, all loose with splatters, salt sprinkles, and Saran Wrap. After that was dry, I did my drawing with the last of the lovlies, and today they are pretty much wilted. One was left unshriveled for me to use as a model. Now they will sit on the back porch table, waiting for a warm enough day for me to plant them in the garden, hoping they will come back next year. If not, I've certainly had my $7.00 worth of beauty and inspiration from them.

1 comment:

Malaivel Siddha Hospital said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails