Artist Statement

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cherry Blossoms, Maybe

Cherry Blossoms, Maybe
Oil on Stretched Canvas, 12" x 12"
Available at $32 plus $8 shipping.

Click here to purchase directly thru DPW.

We have some lovely blooming trees in the neighborhood, which I've been watching so I could do some plein air work, but now it's raining and supposed to rain tomorrow as well. So no outdoor painting. I got to have my granddaughter this past weekend, so no painting over the weekend either, though we did some outdoor things together. Sidewalk chalk, took a long walk, climbed trees (her, not me), hide and seek...found a parakeet loose.

So today, I walked up in the rain and clipped a few sprigs of the blossoms, maybe they are cherries, I dunno.
And here you go.

 Neighborhood tree I was going to paint.

Here's Kayla in a dogwood tree. She's a tomboy who loves pretty dresses. At 6, she's as rough and tumble as they come, but still loves to dress up. Here's the parakeet, below: (and K with chalk on her nose.)



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails