Artist Statement

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Revisions and Reductions

Turn in the Road, Barre
Oil on Stretched Canvas, 16" x 20"
SOLD at $100, includes shipping (was $120)

I spent time today (ahh, that extra hour) while the football games ran in the background, and the leaves made swishsing sounds falling outdoors, revising some older paintings, improving them, I think, and am reducing the prices.

On this one, I made the road less prominent, added more brightness in the sun spots, and added some depth to the undergrowth. Much better, I think.

Apple Scatter
Oil on Stretched Canvas, 12" x 12"
SOLD at $20 plus $7 shipping (was $40 plus $7 shipping)

On this one, I added a couple more aplles, and changed the background color from turquoise to soft greyed lavender.

November Neighborhood
Oil on Gessobord Panel, 8" x 8"
Now available at $20 plus $7 shipping (was $30 plus $7)

This one is much improved, I think. I took out the buildings, softened the paht and the hill, added more foliage, and just generally touched it up all over.

Path to Amethyst Brook
Oil on Gessobord Panel, 8" x 8"
Now available at $20 plus $7 shipping (was 35 plus $7)

I took the bright green out of this one, and made it generally warmer and softer.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails