Artist Statement

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Apricots - SOLD

Apricots
Oil on Stretched Canvas, Black Gessoed, 6" x 6"
SOLD at $25.00 plus $5.00 shipping.

I found this black gessoed canvas at Michael's yesterday, while I was interviewing for a new teaching gig (the earthquake happened while I was there, it was more a big noise than a tremble, I thought it was a huge wind gust.) I thought I'd try painting on it with some of the black showing through. I learned that it's probably easier to paint rich mid value colors, than very light colors over black. It was hard to get the apricots light enough.

1 comment:

Janet Paden said...

That's funny Nel, because today I bought one of those black canvases at Michael's also. Ha. Well, I'll give it a try. Your peaches turned out nice and bright anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails