Artist Statement

Friday, January 28, 2011

Snowstorm Apples - SOLD

Snowstorm Apples Oil on Stretched Canvas, 8" x 16" SOLD at $45.00 plus shipping. I am still trying to use more "lush" paint in my work. This one went through some changes, as I started it with the light on the right, and then we lost power in the DC area, due to a very heavy snow that knocked trees and power lines down all over. I had to change the light to whatever natural light was coming in my sliding glass door/window from the left. So everthing shifted and became less dramatic. I painted it with about five layers on as the apartment got colder. BUT I painted! Hence, the Snowstorm Apples. (The photo shows a very washed out left side, taken with natural light. The painting isn't that washed out.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails