Artist Statement

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Rock Creek Three - NA

Rock Creek Three Oil on Stretched Canvas, 18" x 18" Not available. This is the third and largest of the series of three paintings. I think I'm done with this image for awhile. I really like the water in this one, and the sense of shadow falling across the water. This has been a fine project and I can see doing the small, medium, large again sometime. Helps if you really like the photo reference. Each one you do makes the image more familiar, and you can wrestle with something you want to improve on each time.

3 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

The most interesting thing to me in this series is the way the depiction of the water changed with each painting. All three are beautiful. But with each painting of this subject, you emphasized different details. I really like what you have accomplished here. Great job!

Kathy said...

I love it And all of the paintings I have gotten from you

Kathy said...

I love it And all of the paintings I have gotten from you

Related Posts with Thumbnails