Artist Statement

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pansy Set: Yellow Pansy - SOLD

Yellow Pansy
Oil on Panel, 6" x 6"
SOLD.
Well, the pansy paintings that I have been doing were so popular that the collector who grabbed the first tiny one asked me to do a set with various colors. I went to Home Depot looking for new pansies, was told they were gone, out of season, then stopped st some grocery stores, no luck. Finally, in front of Kmart where there were also no pansies, I asked a tanned lady studying the petunias, (who looked like a gardener,) whether she knew of anyplace where I could still find some. She directed me to the back, sale stuff, and yay, I found cheap big hanging baskets for almost nothing. Lots of colors, loads of subject matter. Thanks, Kmart!
So this is the second of a set of four, and then I'll do a gallery wrapped set of three. Thaks for looking.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails