Artist Statement

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

White Lilies- SOLD

White Lilies Oil on Stretched Canvas, 12" x 12" SOLD at $65.00 plus shipping. It's interesting how used we get to our routines. I ran out of OMS and Viva paper towels. I was using real rags and linseed oil with industrial paint thinner to clean my brushes between colors, and having such a time getting my paint to behave. I am so much happier with my Viva and my OMS again today. Also picked up these flowers at Hobby Lobby to paint. White flowers are a challenge, but so satisfying to do.

3 comments:

edward skallberg said...

Hi Nel: Beautiful painting your selling to cheap. I'm a painter too. eskallberg. blogspot.com. I have disovered that after doing the drawing I use fixitive the spray a saten trool? varnish spray over lightly and begin painting. the paint stays on top and gives a smooth surface. I also use stand oil and mix very little with the paint. It makes the paint smooth like butter. you can do fine detail. I always look at your paintings. Stay loose. Sincerly Edward Skallberg

Helen Read said...

Breath taking, Nel!

PAT MEYER -- said...

These Lilies are just glorious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails