Artist Statement

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Woodland Panorama - NA

Woodland Panorama Water Soluble Oils on Stretched Canvas, 8" x 16" Not Available. Since some of my students will be working in water soluble oils, I found a small, student grade set on sale and also picked up a Thinner and a Medium for the paints. I figured I had better at least try them out, so I can relate to the students who are using them. I am also in the planning stages for a diptych that will be proportionate to this small one, and thinking in terms of what will work for that. So this piece is experimental in two ways. The paints act quite differently than my oil based oils. To me, at this stage anyway. Maybe the artist grade paints act more like oils, I'll find that out.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails