Artist Statement

Friday, December 26, 2008

Palmetto Fronds - SOLD

Palmetto Fronds Watercolor on Arches 140 Cold Press Paper, 12.5" x 19" SOLD at $85.00 plus shipping. I haven't done a watercolor in awhile, and my daughter's beautiful and colorful palmettos have been calling me since we moved here in July. I've taken lots of photos of them, and decided today for a change of pace, to draw one out. It took me lots longer to paint than I anticipated, but all those little spaces, well... The palmettos are actually a lot bushier and fuller than this, but I like it anyway. It just means I'll try it again. It can certainly be cropped to a more standard size.

2 comments:

Carolyn A. Pappas said...

I like this a lot. It reminds me of Palm Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Oh what gorgeous greens!

Related Posts with Thumbnails