Artist Statement

Monday, November 03, 2008

Avocado Half - SOLD

Avocado Half, Oil on Centurion Linen Stretched Canvas, 5" x 7" Gallery Wrapped, no framing needed SOLD at $25.00 plus shipping. One of my new favorite painters, Michael Naples, does the most amazing paintings, and several of them were in a series of these incredible avocado halves. Some of the paintings are of each of the halves and then a couple had both halves side by side, just beautiful. Worth checking out. So, of course, I wanted to try an avocado. Mine didn't turn out even close to his, but it was fun to try anyway. This little freebie canvas was a sample from Centurion, and quite nice. I was able to sit the avocado right on my easel next to the painting. The painting is gallery wrapped and painted around the edges, needing no frame, if that's your choice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is really lovely, very deliberate and not showy, wonderful. Looks like you have been doing avocados a long time, a real natural.

Melissa Mead said...

I have devoured Michael's blog...among others! I am so enjoying the daily paintings I find! I think your avo could sit with Michael's any day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails