Artist Statement

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Lemons on Polka Dots - SOLD

Lemons on Polka Dots, plus Detail Oil on Stretched Canvas, 10" x 20" SOLD at $100.00 plus shipping. I really like this one. Two shoeboxes and my polka dotted cloth from Hobby Lobby, and of course, the lemons I've been painting for a couple of days. I think it turned out fresh and clean looking. The dots aren't all straight or placed correctly, but I think it works overall (should have seen me with my Q-tips soaked in mineral spirits moving dots around.) Thanks for looking. This will be my last post for several days, as here in Lake Charles, (Louisiana) near the Gulf, we are in the path of Gustav. Tomorrow the decision as to whether or not to evacuate, though my daughter is hunting for a hotel suite that will house 7 people and the 60 pound "puppy" and having no luck at all. The whole neighborhood will be gone, and so we will probably follow suit. (Though where we will go is a good question.) I am spending the rest of the day getting things in the studio off the floor and away from the windows. Wish us well.

5 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

Take care Nel, I hope things turn out ok for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nel -
I know that LaQuinta Inns often take pets as do Red Roof Inns. I did a quick check online of the LaQuinta Inns and couldn't find one available. But I wanted to give you the suggestion anyway, just in case it could help.
I hope Gustav calms down and breaks up.
Take good care of yourselves.
- Lee & Chuck

Unknown said...

God speed, Nel. We hope you find a safe and dry landing. Take care of you and yours. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

David and Peg Sdol

Helen Read said...

Nel, hope all turns out well... I've been praying for folks in the path of the storm. I love your lemon painting! I look forward to seeing you back from the storm!

Brenda Yarborough said...

Nel - I just saw on the news that Lake Charles was being evacuated and quickly remembered that is where you had relocated to recently. You ARE in my prayers!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails