Artist Statement

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Blue Hydrangea '08 - SOLD

Blue Hydrangea '08 Oil on Canvas Board, 12" x 16" SOLD at $100.00 plus shipping. Early this morning I was notified with screams that the little one, Katie, aged 2, had gotten into my paints. Oh my, did she ever. She had wandered downstairs and proceeded to sit in my painting chair and work on this painting, and herself, and everything else within range of the brushes. Her clothes had to be trashed. She had to be cleaned up with OMS (arms, hands, legs, belly, ears, cheeks) and then a bath, and the palette looked like someone had done a fingerpainting. Oh, yeah, somebody had! So I had HELP with this one. But didn't it turn out beautifully? Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Barbara Pask said...

Oh my Nel, Some excitement in your life, you look back eventually and laugh at these kind of things. This painting is just beautiful, I love all the colors I see in the leaves. You are a painting machine, lol. Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails