Artist Statement

Friday, December 14, 2007

Winter Sketch with Oak - SOLD

Winter Sketch with Oak Oil on Canvas board, 12" x 16" Sold at $60.00 plus shipping. I wanted to do a snow painting with bright sunlight, but the sun kept popping in and out, so I never could get decent blue shadow shots. Instead, I did a color sketch of the oak tree in my daughter's front yard in the overcast light of today. I love how these few leaves are still clinging to their twigs, even with 10 inches of snow on the ground. I call this a sketch because it's very loose and "sketchy." Thanks for looking, and stay warm, wherever you are.

2 comments:

Lin said...

EXQUISITE, Kim!! Glorious in all aspects!

Dana Marie said...

Hi Kim, I found this gorgeous piece at Daily Painters today. I love the looseness of this painting...it is simply beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails