Artist Statement

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Eggs in Glass Bowl - SOLD

Eggs in Glass Bowl Oil on Canvas board, 8" x 8" Sold at $60.00 plus shipping. I've seen this done before, and in general, I admire photo-realism for how exacting it is. I've copied the idea from other artists, but the eggs are from my daughter's fridge. I wanted to see how it could be done, and I think if I did something like this again, I'd know better how to approach it. It's actually kind of fun, using small brushes and blending very carefully. You don't have a choice but to take your time, and I really could have kept going on this. Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Jana Bouc said...

It's exciting seeing you tackle this style ('cuz maybe then you can teach it to me!!!!). It looks great -- the glass seems just perfect and there's something very attractive and satisfying about the eggs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails