Artist Statement

Friday, March 16, 2007

Tree Study - SOLD

Tree Study Oil on Stretched Canvas 11" x 14" Sold at $30.00 plus $15.00 shipping. It's dawning on me lately that I don't know how to paint trees. I know, you'd think that would be so easy. But to depict the leaves in masses, groupings with shadow, reflected light, highlights and subtle differences in green tones...well, I need to study how other painters do it. On this study, I painted the trees first, trying to get them right. It's closer, but not quite there yet. Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your trees are looking good! I know exactly what you mean about trees after taking a landscape workshop recently. I think it's the color green that can be so difficult. I really like your work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails