Artist Statement

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Sunset Lakeside - SOLD

Sunset Lakeside
10" x 12"
Oil on Canvas Board
Sold at $40.00 plus shipping.
An oil version of the same photo as I used for the watercolor a few days back. The comparison is interesting, in that each medium has it's own joy. The watercolor is fairly unpredictable, but has a transparency and vibrancy I can't get with oils (at least not yet...). The oil gives me more control and forgiveness. Don't you love that little swish of "glow" in the water here? Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nel.

I love this Sunset Lakeside. Oil with this adds so much strength. I am so looking forward to all the oil paintings I have ask you do. White rose for Anne Stark, my gift to her, and Three Trees, and Hydranges painted in Feb with all the foliage. Anyway, thank you again for your update yesterday.

I love your work. So does Anne, she has soooooooo many of your paintings. I only have one. Soon more. I am not rushing you, just very excited to see them all.

Have a good week...

Holly Hill

Related Posts with Thumbnails