Artist Statement

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Brookside Cottage - SOLD

Brookside Cottage, Amherst Massachusetts
Watercolor on 300 lb Cold Press Strathmore Gemini
9.5" x 12.5"
Sold at $30.00 plus shipping
My friend Barbara will recognize this little cottage, which is tucked into the woods along a path through Amethyst Brook conversation area, just a charming little house. I took photos on my last visit there, walking with B, and have always intended to do a small painting. I had to do this twice to get a decent watercolor. They are tricky and always have a mind of their own. Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

naquaiya said...

This is a beautiful watercolor.

Anonymous said...

You GO girl!

Carol Marine said...

This is really a beautiful painting! I love the trees and the colors. Very nice. And thank you, Nel, for your nice comments on my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails