Artist Statement

Friday, April 20, 2007

Irises Yellow and Mauve - SOLD

Irises Yellow and Mauve Watercolor on Clayboard 8" x 10" Sold at $35.00 plus shipping. I had bought this clayboard at last years "Learning and Product Expo" for the Washington area. It's specifically for watercolor and/or acrylics, and I'd been meaning to try it out. Some things I like about it a lot, some not much at all. It does have a nice porous surface, and of course, mounted on a wood panel, it doesn't buckle. You can change your mind as many times as you want, it wipes back to white easily. Glazes are a little harder though than on paper, and it simply doesn't have the magic of paper. I think it would be wonderful for botanical studies. It doesn't need to be under glass, they say, so I'll spray it and it could be framed like an oil. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails