Artist Statement

Friday, August 14, 2009

Tootles!

Tootles! Oil on Stretched Canvas, 11" x 14" Available at $80.00 plus shipping. I am just amazed by how perceptive and detail savvy my readers are. I had notes, comments and emails from people who took the trouble to really study the WIP, and give me great advice on what was wrong with the painting. You were spot-on. I even had a reader who superimposed the painting over the photo to show me what I could correct. I wish I had the expertise to make every single change you all suggested. But today my paint is tacky, and so I made what small changes I could, and finished the piece with the intention of letting it dry before I make more corrections. Thanks, everyone, for all the great help! Addendum: My daughter and I agree, that while it's a sweet face, it isn't our Katie Grace. So I'll do another for my dd, and call this one practice. It is available, for whoever just wants a sweet faced child painting hanging somewhere.

3 comments:

Susie (So Blessed) said...

beautiful portrait!

caseytoussaint said...

Adorable!

Sue Massey said...

This is a delightful portrait. Very pretty little girl..

Related Posts with Thumbnails