Artist Statement

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Grapes Backlit - NA

Grapes Backlit Oil on Stretched Canvas, 6" x 6" Not Available. I am trying to teach myself to think smaller with these 6" x 6" canvases, even though they still take me three or four hours to do. I can see that I am going to have to invest in some smaller brushes. I really am enjoying this series of red grapes, the colors are so varied and beautiful. I am dubbing these small guys "pocket paintings" though nobody I know would carry a painting in their pocket. It's catchy, don't you think?

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I like your grape series....pocket paintings....good idea.

Sue Massey said...

Love the term "pocket paintings". I also really really like the shadow under these grapes. Beautiful work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails