Artist Statement

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Tall Tree Plein Air - SOLD

Tall Tree Plein Air Oil on Stretched Canvas, 10" x 20" SOLD At the edge of the property, on the side of the house, there is a wonderful, tall grouping of trees, and I've been wanting to paint the largest one in the late afternoon light. With plein air painting, it's a sort of a frantic race to paint before the light changes too much. So I set up my outdoor gear in the shade of the garage, and waited until around 5:00 pm to start with this. It's more a reaction to the colors and shapes than an accurate rendition of the tree, but I think some of the "feeling" of it comes through, the elegance against an impossibly blue sky, so lovely. This will be my last Louisiana oil painting. I may have some watercolors, but no more oils until I get settled in Maryland.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails