Artist Statement

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Copying Monet - SOLD

Copying Monet Oil on Stretched Canvas, 10" x 10" SOLD at $15.00 plus $10.00 shipping. Since I've been going through my art books (see my sketch blog in the side bar, where they are on sale: Nel's Art Marks) to sell, it follows that I've been browsing them also. I came across this wonderful Monet painting in one of the books on Impressionism, and loved the colors, all blues, mauves, deep rich greens. What an eye opener to try to copy one of the masters. Looking at his brushstrokes, his colors, all the subtleties that you can see in a photo, you realize once again why Monet was a master, and you are a student. I have hardly begun to do justice to copying, a forgery career is not in store, but if you like it, a little bit for the canvas and paints is all I'm asking. (There was some glare, so I used a digital "paintbrush" to retouch the glare spots.)

2 comments:

Maia said...

Wow, that's really beautiful. I love how you've captured the light.

Helen Read said...

lovely - I love the monochromatic scheme!

Related Posts with Thumbnails