Artist Statement

Friday, February 09, 2007

Layers- SOLD

Layers
Oil on Canvasboard 10" x 12"
Sold at $50.00 plus shipping.

I started out with some red peppers, you'll see them painted this weekend, but it was such a sunny day, and the light kept changing the reflections on the surfaces that I set it aside until I could paint it in the evening. Did this one instead, isn't it appealing? I think I spent more time mixing all these wonderful subtle colors than I did actually painting. Nothing like the joy of all those creamy colors coming together in new shades. I shot a quick photo of the palette, so you could see what I mean. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

nik said...

Nel, the sky looks unbelievable natural. Wonderful mood.

Anonymous said...

These afternoon colours are gorgeous. What a fabulous view you have from your studio.

Related Posts with Thumbnails