Artist Statement

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Workshop Sunset - NA

Workshop Sunset
Oil on Hardboard, 8" x 10"
Not Available< Revised on Sept 19, 2018



Last week Wednesday and Thursday I was able (thru a gracious scholarship from River Arts) to take a workshop with Sara Linda Poly. If you've never seen her work, you are in for a treat. It's just beautiful. Beyond that, she is a wonderful, caring and generous teacher with a good dose of fun and inspiration thrown in. We had a lovely time, and I came away refreshed and eager to try some new techniques and apply some new insights. Met some wonderful local women artists, a bonus!

So here's a painting I did during the workshop, with one of Sara's reference photos, which she allowed me to keep. I'm pretty happy with it. Doesn't it have a nice "feeling" to it?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails