Artist Statement

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Seaside Cottages - (Two Versions) SOLD

Seaside Cottages
Oil on Canvas Panel, 9" x 12"
SOLD at $18 plus $8 shipping.

Yesterday I watched a demo by Johannes Vloothuis, you've heard me talk about him before. It was a subject that I need work on anyway, buildings. So after church today, I ran the video again with pauses so I could paint along, after a fashion. I've got some wonky lines here, but it does have a bit of charm, regardless.

Monday: Another version for a collector who really wanted yesterday's. Also SOLD.


This one is more deliberate, I think. Which appeals more?
The more sketchy first one, or the more exacting, careful second one?

1 comment:

ElaineCoxArt said...

They're both beautiful, but I like the first one more :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails