Artist Statement

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Large Sunflower commission, Progress

I thought you all might like to see the painting I'm working on right now.

 My still life set up. Very sophisticated and professional, don't you think?

A good start, some flowers done, some not..


Almost done, lots of tweaking to do, some decisions to make (polka dots or not), (change the values on the bottom, lighter table edge and darker beneath?) and some changes to make; leaves, bowl to green. But all in all, I'm pretty happy with it.
Oh, did I mention that it's HUGE? 30" x 40" Big for me, anyway.
So definitely a challenge.

1 comment:

Janet Paden said...

The sunflowers are outstanding!! Some of your best ever, if not the best! And the large size is wonderful.You may have already finished this painting but in case you havent't, my vote is, not polka dots. The sunflowers provide plenty of those! And I like the idea of darker under the table. Can't wait to see it finished.

Related Posts with Thumbnails