Artist Statement

Saturday, July 06, 2013

Dancing Beach Towels - SOLD


Dancing Beach Towels
Oil on Stretched Canvas, 24" x 30"
SOLD - Going to My Favorite Beach House.

This is a revision of an older painting, which has been bugging me for about a year now, hanging out of the way on a back wall. The towels always looked like they were dragging on the ground, there was too much boring sky, and there was a wrong-sized chair and laundry basket in the foreground (very carefully drawn and painted, but the wrong size.) I finally got just the combination of courage and pissed-offedness to attack it properly, doing surgery on the stuff that wasn't working. I actually like it now, but don't look too closely at what the shadows are doing. I know... it's artistic license. It's too big to ship, so it's a pick up.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails