Artist Statement

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pears Times Three - NA

Pears Times Three Oil on Stretched Canvas, 8" x 8" Not Available, see revised version of February 27. This started out life as a painting of my little granddaughter's tiny little gold shoesies. But oh, man, I could not get them to look gold at all, at all. So it got wiped and turned into pears. There are a couple of things I like about this one: the double coating of the foreground and background, and the turquouse in the shading. But I am thnking about composition, and how I need to work harder on coming up with more interesting arrangements and combinations. More pizazz, more originality, more interesting. So...then I played around with some cool stuff I've been picking up for still life...please see next post.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails