Artist Statement

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Copy of Candy Apples, Wayne Thiebaud - SOLD

Copy of Candy Apples, by Wayne Thiebaud Oil on Stretched Canvas, 11" x 14" SOLD. Well this was just plain fun. One of my collectors wanted a copy of a Wayne Thiebaud piece, she likes his work so much. We agreed on this one, since I also wanted to do it, and this is what resulted. I cannot imagine the skill involved in being an art forger (what's the word?). I would find it impossible to copy every swish and wiggle and stroke, but this was fun to imitate, all the lush and thick, goopy paint he used. His sticks are truly straight, I wonder if he didn't paint them once the rest of the painting was dry. That's what I'm planning to do anyway, to get the wonderful clarity on the sticks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails