Artist Statement

Monday, September 28, 2009

Beach Towels - SOLD

Beach Towels with Afternoon Light Oil on Canvas Panel, 11" x 14" SOLD at $75.00 plus shipping. I'd been eyeing the clothes line outside all last week, and when I was trying to figure out what to paint for someone who didn't know exactly what she wanted, I thought maybe this would be it. I got some beach towels, clothespins, hung them up, sat on the porch and while I was painting, two things happened. I figured out how to paint the light on the water that pops through the trees just there, and I figured out how to do grassy shadows better than last week. I think so anyway. Now to see if the painting matches the person.

3 comments:

Flora Giddens said...

This is lovely!!The light is awesome!!You are SO good!!

Susan Elaine Mew said...

I love the colorful towels. Fantastic!

PAT MEYER -- said...

Oh too fun. Great use of color. I can almost feel the great summer day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails