Artist Statement

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Funky Figs - SOLD

Funky Figs Oil on Canvas Panel, 8" x 10" SOLD at $40.00 plus shipping. Well, this one is different. I have never bought, eaten or cooked figs, but a collector turned friend, brought me some from her fig tree. (Thanks, K.) Isn't that neat? They are lovely little fruits, all maroon and orangey at the bottom and this lovely yellow green at their little tops. I want to try a more serious pocket painting of just one or two tomorrow, and then figure out how to eat them. Peeled? Cut open, raw? Cooked? Meanwhile, because of the yellow polka dotted napkin under my bowl here, this one turned out a bit on the funky side, certainly not a traditional still life. http://nelseverydaypainting.blogspot.com/ NelVanL@aol.com

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I really like this with the polka dots...makes it look modern and the figs look great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails