Artist Statement

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bosc Pears 2 - SOLD

Bosc Pears 2 Oil on Canvas Board, 10" x 12" SOLD at sale price. It's a study in browns! Ochre, sienna and umber, all terrific colors. I like this one too, it's still got the direct and deliberate brush strokes, with a little more refinement. But not too much. Detail below: Doesn't it sort of look like an Old Masters type study? I think that's because of the darkness and the browns. Cool, I think. I really enjoyed painting this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phooey. I just left a comment but it didn't go through. It raved about the beautiful color and the shimmer and perfection of the fabric. I also thanked you for the wonderful comments you've left me lately, especially the one about liking the writing as much as the pics. That meant a lot to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails