Artist Statement

Monday, December 01, 2008

"Mommy, Scatch"

"Mommy, Scatch", Oil on Stretched Canvas, 16" x 20", Not For Sale

This is my daughter's Christmas gift from me this year. It's Katie Grace in Mommy's lap, asking as she often does, for her belly to be scratched. She'll lift up her shirt for you. This particular morning, she was so relaxed and sleepy sitting in my daughter's lap, she had a lovely, dreamy look on her face. It doesn't lool exactly like her, and I want to add a bit more yellow to her skin tones, but I'll let it dry first, instead of trying to do something with the half-dry paint. All in all, my daughter and I are both happy with it.

4 comments:

frustrated artist said...

What a beautiful gift. Your daughter will cherish that forever as will her little girl. You've caught the essence of a very wonderful moment in their lives.

Nithya said...

Really a great work

The Victorious place said...

Very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful painting - and a fabulous gift. What a lucky daughter and granddaughter you have. Thanks so much for telling us about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails