Artist Statement

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Winter Weave - SOLD

Winter Weave Watercolor on 140 lb Arches watercolor paper 10" x 14" Sold at $100 plus shipping. A departure into slightly "funky" for me today. I actually started on this one yesterday, but it involved painting two of the same painting and then weaving it together. (The lines of cutting really are straight, I've got a little distortion in the camera.) From a distance it's fractured colors and the impression of winter. The idea came to me on the front porch, where the tree limbs seemed woven with the sky. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really stunning! I've never seen this done before with two similar paintings. It's great!

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Nels, I tried something similar last fall, but your turned out much much better! This is really interesting and effective.

Related Posts with Thumbnails