Artist Statement

Friday, December 28, 2007

Creek Colors

Creek Colors Acrylic on Canvas board, 10" x 12" Available at $50.00 plus shipping. So far with the acrylics, I've been trying to make them behave like oils, adding mediums to beef them up and slow them down (drying time.) Today I decided to just go with the flow, and paint as the paints wanted to act. There is almost no blending in this one, just popping colors in where they needed to go, in the approximate shapes in the scene. Putting them overtop of one another. I like the way the foliage turned out, but it does lend itself well to this kind of painting. I blended a little in the water, but that's about it. What do you think of the results? Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Paula In Pinetop said...

Thank you so much for the kind comments at my blog and wonderful feedback about my work.

Looking at your most recent piece here "Creek Colors" I must ask, why in the world would you ever want to use acrylic when you have such a command of oil? Oh my gosh, I love the depth of feeling in your pieces. The acrylic colors do pop, I just love the other pieces so much more.

I've used acrylics exclusively and never mix in medium because I don't like the sheen I get, even using matte medium. It just looks too plastic when I add it in. I don't particularly like the higher quality acrylics either, I just can't find a brand that is flat enough for me, they all seem to have that plastic glow to them.

Again, thanks so much for the comments, I've enjoyed your blog and will return again and again.

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

you do such beautiful landscapes...time to raise your prices:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails