Artist Statement

Friday, September 21, 2007

Jana's Roses - SOLD

Jana's Roses
Oil on Canvas board, 10" x 12"
SOLD at $60.00 plus shipping.

My friend and fellow artist, Jana Bouc, gave me permission to use her photo of a still life which she had assembled. We have a mentoring arrangement and I wanted to see what I could do with her photo. Her sketch blog is here: http://janabouc.wordpress.com/ and I did this one as a tutorial of sorts, which I will post later on my own sketch blog. This one was intended to be very loose and directly painted, and I think I got it, at least for the most part. The colors are vibrant and dramatic, which is what I was going for. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Mary J DuVal said...

I've been meaning to tell you for several posts now how much I enjoy subscribing to your blog. You have a real talent for color and composition, not to mention if your paintings are any indication, you must be a joy-full person. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

Dee Sanchez said...

I really like the colors on this one - I've been painting a house and haven't had time to paint. I have a major craving!! I received my watercolor. Thank you,
Dee Sanchez

Related Posts with Thumbnails