Artist Statement

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Country Girl Breakfast, Alex - SOLD

Country Girl Breakfast, Alex Oil on Stretched Canvas, 18" x 18" SOLD I believe this is my best painting so far. Alex was sitting on the front porch yesterday morning with her cereal, and it was a painting wanting to happen, so I asked her to stay put and grabbed my camera. This is the result. I loved the backlighting on the bowl and her hair and face, and the beaustiful line of the arm and neck. I took a few shots of the painting in progress, and will put those on my sketch blog. I'll sell this one to the highest bidder, and am hoping for a two-days worth of painting price. (The lines are straight in the painting, where the slats slant here, it's the photo.) Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

"van Vliet" Art Blog said...

Nel, I agree that this is a wonderful painting! The colors in her face, the light on her legs, posture and the atmosphere of the morning. Bravo!

Don Gray said...

Nice work, really enjoy the color and paint handling.

wanda knight said...

This is sooo fine. It just grabs you. The composition, the colors and the subject combine to make this a really good painting.

sandy said...

This is so beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails